Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Daily Thoughts 11/02/2016

File:The Ghost Story - Frederick Smallfield.jpg
The Ghost Story, Frederick Smallfield, 1916

Daily Thoughts 11/02/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We had a staff meeting today.

I read a copy of the latest Times Literary Supplement as well as the latest New York Times Book Review.

I put in an order of books focused on business.

There is an Advanced Microsoft Excel class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read some more of The Almanac of American Philanthropy.  I am reading about major historical philanthropists like Henry Ford, Madam C.J. Walker, Andrew Carnegies, and others.  I also read some information on why we should support philanthropy as a solution for social problems.

Web Bits

America's Librarian
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2016/11/01/carla-hayden-americas-librarian/


Promoting Health and Fitness Literacy at the Library
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2016/11/promoting-health-and-fitness-literacy-at-the-library/

No comments: