Saturday, November 12, 2016

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2016


Visual Synthesis of the Idea: War, Gino Severini, 1914

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Jerusalem by Alan Moore on the way to work.  I rather enjoyed the ending.  There is an art show with scenes from each of the chapters.  It  makes for a nice summary.  The book itself is set in the Borough of Northampton in England.  It is where Alan Moore grew up.  He reflects on people through ages using ghosts to reach into the future and the past.  This is an interesting, deep novel that is a challenge to read.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also printed a few flyers.

I met with John R. Howard who is a Distinguished Service Professor to discuss doing some possible programs.

I checked out the book, The Customer-Focused Library Re-Inventing the Public Library from the Outside-In by Joseph R. Matthews.

Web Bits


Library of the Future Blog

East Side Freedom Library Founded by Retired Professor


No comments: