Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2016

Antonio de Pereda y Salgado - Allegory - WGA17166.jpg
Antonio de Parada y Salgado, Allegory, 1654

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2016

I got to the polling place at 6:15 a.m. this morning and voted.  There were already long lines forming.  I heard one person say they had not voted since the Vietnam War.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Death's End today.  One of the plot devices is hibernation.  People go into hibernation if they get sick, if they want to see an important technological development in the future or plan to live at a later date.

I also read a bit more of Jerusalem today.

Web Bits



National Book Awards to Livestream on Facebook

Traditional Library  Space Reconfigured for New High Tech Learning
                                                                                                                                      


No comments: