Monday, November 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 11/14/2016

The Reader - Edouard Vuillard
The Reader, Edouard Vuillard, 1890

Daily Thoughts 11/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I read some more of The Customer Focused Library on the way to work.  I am reading about different approaches to merchandising collections as well different types of libraries like Idea Stores, Children's Community Libraries, and Shopping Mall Libraries.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review today.

The Adult Games Night is tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I sent in my final report for Arts Westchester.   I also gathered some statistics on the library.

I finished my class for Library Marketing today.  The final assignment was on privacy.

I finished reading The Customer Focused Library Re-Inventing the Public Library from the Outside In by Joseph R. Matthews on the train home..  The idea of customer focus is that the library should rely more on outside opinions from people who use the library to determine how the library should run.  For example, it is important to have people test the website and give opinions from the outside, point out what they don't understand in the library, and get opinions from surveys and other outside sources.

No comments: