Friday, November 4, 2016

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2016

Flor de Pascua - Never think before you act - M.C. Escher
Flor De Pascua, Never Think Before You Act, M.C. Escher, 1921

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I put in my weekly order of new books today.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I finished looking through The Almanac of American Philanthropy.  There is information on Andrew Carnegie and Enoch Pratt as well as the Carnegie Libraries, the Huntington Library, and the Philadelphia Library Company.

I also read some more of Jerusalem.  Some of the writing is experimental and a bit disconcerting.  I skipped over the chapters featuring Lucia after reading some of the beginning pages, the words are all spelled differently, the dialogue is a bit jumbled, and also a bit on the mad side.


Web Bits


Justice Department Reaffirms Reader Privacy Protections

New Utrecht Library Reopens After Five Month Renovation
I worked here once.

Reimagining The Library: Relationships Between Library Collections, Space, and Public Services

No comments: