Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2017

File:Woman reading in garden (2678236436).jpg

Woman Reading In Garden, 1912 , Unidentified Photographer

Daily Thoughts 04/18/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

I also spent a little time looking through the 600s and 700s in the main floor stacks.

There is a lot of nice new material coming in.  I put in some orders for new books which are mainly focused on nonficiton.

I spent some time going over Bluecloud Analytics for the top circulating items during the last year with the children's room.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

I met with Dr. Howard about a change of date for the James Baldwin's America lecture to tomorrow from 6:00 p.m.. to 8:00 p.m.

The crochet group meets today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the fiction room.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight.

We had a few more people send in stories to Share My Story Today.

On the way home, I read I Am Not Your Negro A Major Motion Picture Directed by Raoul Peck from Texts by James Baldwin.  Raoul Peck received a text from James Baldwin's family that discussed the intersection between Medgar Evers, Martin Luther King Jr,, and Malcolm X.  The writing is meant to be very accessible to a general audience.  It makes James Baldwin's writing easy to read, but not as philosophically deep.  This text is useful for someone who wants to understand the basics of what James Baldwin said about race without having to spend a lot of time reading.  It also shows why the movie so popular and relevant.


No comments: