Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Daily Thoughts 04/26/2017

Helen McNicoll - A l'ombre de l'arbre.jpg
In the Shade of the Tree, Helen McNicoll, 1910

Daily Thoughts 04/26/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Book.  I am reading about the history of codexes.  The beginnings of modern books are a little hazy.  There is a bit about the Nag Hammadi codexes.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I also put in some orders for new books.

I finished a rough draft of the Mount Vernon Arts Initiative grant today and requested some information from the artists.

We had a poetry reading and open microphone tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the fiction room.  It was a comfortable night.  We had two featured poets, Karen Leahy, Georgia Mae McDowell, and a Moderator, William Bowden.  All are published authors.


Web Bits


Advocacy Home Run Ignites FY 2018 Library Funding

National Library Legislative Day is on May 1 and May 2

Public Library Hours in NYC Lag Behind Those Across the Country, Report Says

Houston Public Library Receives Donation from Mexican Government


No comments: