Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Daily Thoughts 04/19/2017

Still Life with Checked Tablecloth, 1915 - Juan Gris
Still Life With Checked Tablecloth, Juan Gris, 1915

Daily Thoughts 04/19/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed a hold on The Book:  A Cover to Cover Exploration of The Most Powerful Object of Our Time by Keith Houston.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time looking at the 700s and 800s in the stacks.

I also worked on scheduling with ADP.

I put in a request for pickup for Better World Books.

I also started looking through the latest Ingram Advance.  I also read through a copy of Booklist and the Times Literary Supplement.

We have the James Baldwin's America event tonight on Wednesday instead of tomorrow.  We are having the open house, April 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for the library.

Mount Vernon Public Library Westchester's Hub for History, Resources
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/mount-vernon/2017/04/19/mount-vernon-ny-news-library/99444310/

Web Bits

Why Libraries Could Soon Need a National Endowment

Grijalva Fears Library Cuts in Federal Budget
  
Video Historic Mount Vernon Public Library

Artificial Intelligence

Princeton Researchers Discover Why AI Become Racist and Sexist

No comments: