Sunday, June 4, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2017

The Book, Edwin Dickinson, 1911

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I selected a few titles to order from things I had seen at the show including An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power by Al Gore and  The Origins of Others by Toni Morrison.  I have a lot more catalogs and other items to look at when I get back.

I read some more of Seasteading.  I am reading about the concept of medical tourism where it is cheaper to go to a foreign country or island to get medical procedures done.  An argument is being made that a floating hospital on an artificial island would be far cheaper than land based medical care.

I also read a little bit more of Blue Ocean Shift.  I am reading about the process of creating new markets.

Web Bits


Want to Borrow A Book from Another Library? Federal Budget Cuts Could Stop You.

Rebuilding Mosul's Library Book by Book

Lynda Carter and the Library of Awesome

The Space Age: Library As Location



No comments: