Thursday, June 29, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/29/2017

Reader Leaning Her Elbow on the Table - Henri Matisse
Reader Leaning Her Elbow On the Table, Henri Matisse, 1923

Daily Thoughts 06/29/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also spent a little time looking at programming.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  We are going to be working on a display of photographs of the library for next year.

I have a copy of the Times Literary Supplement to read.

I finished reading A Paradise Built In Hell  The Extraordinary Communities That Arise In Disaster by Rebecca Solnit.  Rebecca Solnit describes how people pull together from a variety of different philosophies in times of disaster to make life better.  She imagines that there could be a more civil society based on how people act in emergencies.

I read two more books to add to my Adult Summer Reading Total.  Both staff and the public participate in Summer Reading.  http://ny.evanced.info/mountvernon/sr/homepage.asp?ProgramID=2

There is a class tonight on Ipads and Ipods in the Computer Lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

We are working on arranging a set of teen computer classes in the computer lab starting next week.

Web Bits


Libraries Ready to Code
http://www.ala.org/tools/readytocode

How Libraries Won Over the Hearts of Millenials


No comments: