Thursday, June 8, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/08/2017

Thomas Jefferson Writing the Declaration of Independence, 1898, Howard Pyle

Daily Thoughts 06/08/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Blue Ocean Shift Beyond Competing Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth by W. Chan kim and Renee Maugborgne.  The final parts were how to convince people to buy into new strategy by having an all day fair, how to introduce strategy into new markets, and an example of how Blue Ocean Strategy is used on a large scale in government.  There were plenty of new ideas.  I especially liked the idea of how to enter new markets with no competition.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.  This month is LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) books month.  There is a display on the subject.  There is also a display on black music.

I spent some more time working on the Adult Summer Reading Program.  I am arranging to buy prizes for the program; pens, pads, cups, and tote bags..  The theme this year is Build A Better World.

I read a copy of Library Journal.  Right now, I am going through the New York Times Book Review and working on orders.

I spent some time discussing the budget with the treasurer today.

I also printed some flyers.

I checked out the book, Life and Adventures of Nat Love A True History of Slavery Days, Life on the Great Cattle Rangers and on the Plains of the West by Nat Love.


Web Bits


Margaret Atwood: What Would a World Without Public Libraries Be Like?

Review of the FY 2018 Budget Request for the Library of Congress, Architect of the Capitol

The Internet of Things Connectivity Binge What Are the Implications

New York Today: A City Library on the Subway
 

No comments: