Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2017



Edward Robert Hughes - Idle Tears.jpg
Edward Robert Hughes, Idle Tears, Unknown Date

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of A Paradise Built In Hell on the way to work.  I am reading about how governments often fail when they do not effectively deal with disasters.  In ancient China this was called the Mandate of Heaven.  Disasters often destabilize governments.  Gorbachev said that the Chernobyl incident was destabilizing to the Soviet Union.

I  also read some more of Social Media for Writers.  I am read about Tumblr, podcasting and Facebook.  Podcasting takes a lot of time to do.  It is not something that I am prepared to spend time on.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also printed up some flyers.

I have a few grants that I have to work on.  We are going to apply for a grant from the Westchester Community Foundation.

We got our first two donated games today requested from the publishers.

I spent some time working on a calendar for planned events and displays today.  It will run through December.

Web Bits

The Librarian Who Guarded the Manhattan Projects Secrets
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/manhattan-project-library-charlotte-serber-oppenheimer-fbi?utm_source=Atlas+Obscura+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=8f6634d700-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_06_27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f36db9c480-8f6634d700-65914937&ct=t%28Newsletter_6_27_2017%29&mc_cid=8f6634d700&mc_eid=4ca8781d5a



Indie Pub Two Dollar Radio To Open Bookstore

The Benefit of Tabletop Games for Libraries


Sarah Jessica Parker Unveils ALA's Book Club Central

No comments: