Saturday, June 17, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/17/2017

Jean BĂ©raud La Lettre.jpg
Jean Beraud, La Lettre, 1907

Daily Thoughts 06/17/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Capture Unraveling the Mystery of Mental Suffering by David A. Kessler, M.D.  The suicide of David Foster Wallace, the author of Infinite Jest is described.  David Foster Wallace was medicated for depression.

I received an advanced reading copy at home from Hachette Books, Memory's Last Breath, Field Notes on My Dementia by Gerda Saunders.  It is coming out this month, it is a memoir.

I read some more of Unf*ck Your Habitat You're Better Than Your Mess.  I'm finding it motivating, I cleaned out my refrigerator, put away all my laundry away, and wiped down most of the surfaces in my house.  Like many people, I would rather be reading than cleaning.  The book reminds you to clean anything that can smell bad first and start at the top and move to the bottom.  Right now, I am reading about how to clean small spaces like apartments.  During the last week, I also took some time to do some work so that the area around my desk is cleaner.  I had some items added to the collection next to my desk, looked over some materials I had questions about, sent a few boxes back to Humanities New York, and sorted a variety of paperwork.

Web Bits


Chicago Public Library's Youmedia Program Expanding


The Impact of Libraries As Creative Spaces (Australian)


Heroin Tourists Check Out of McPherson Square Library, Courtesy of the Police



No comments: