Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/21/2017

Sir William Orpen - Grace reading at Howth Bay.jpg
Grace Reading at Howth Bay, Sir William Orpen, Circa 1900

Daily Thoughts 06/21/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I placed a hold on Leading the Unleadable:  How to Manage Mavericks, Cynics, Divas, and Other Difficult People by  Alan Willett.

On the way to work, I read some more of Capture.  David A. Kessler, M.D. describes David Wallaces writing of the novel Infinite Jest.

I also read some more of A Paradise Built in Hell.  The book is very radical in its content.  Rebecca Solnit is describing the anarchist, Kropotkins view on the concept of mutual aid.

I checked the displays and gift books this morning.

I printed up some flyers.  There are some bookmarks being printed up for the Build A Better World Summer Reading program.  We looked through some of the galleys to use as giveaways.

I spent some time going over the procedures in the computer lab.

I created the sign up sheets for the July computer classes.

I checked out two more books, Social Media for Writers Marketing Strategies for Building Your Audience and Selling Books by Tee Morris and Check Wendig and Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards.  One of our librarians is going to teach a drawing class using Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.



Web Bits


Librarians In the 21st Century: We Need to Talk About Library Security

No comments: