Friday, June 30, 2017

Daily Thoughts 06/30/2017


Yosa Buson, Haiku Poet and His Poem, 18th Century

Daily Thoughts 06/30/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Laws of Wealth.  I am reading about different ways that people can prevent themselves from making bad financial decisions caused by overconfidence, impatience, and other psychological factors.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  We put some material for summer reading in the displays.  We also displayed some books on gardening.

I spent some time looking through the new books. I put the latest copy of Bookpage out.

I also checked the New York Times Bestsellers List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller List today.

I checked out the dvd And Still I Rise about Maya Angelou.

On the way home, I finished reading The Laws of Wealth Psychology and the Secret to Investing Success by Dr. Daniel Crosby.  This book is about rules based behavioral investing.  Towards the end of the book, the author takes a strong stance supporting value investing.  He even makes an argument that value can be more important than profitability.  The best stocks combine value and low price combined with deliberate examination of whether the executives buy back their own stock or provide dividends.  It is a very rational approach to stock investing.

I read some more articles from the Planning and Management of Library Buildings Class.


Web Bits


Helping Homeless New Yorkers By the Books


Cookbook clubs Share A Love of Food at Alaska Interior Libraries

Build A Better World Collaborative Summer Reading Program 2017
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2017/06/build-a-better-world-collaborative-summer-reading-program-2017/


No comments: