Saturday, August 5, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/05/2017

Portrait of Elisabeth Mertens and Her Late Husband, 1630, Cornelis de Vos


Daily Thoughts 08/05/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of No One is Coming to Save Us by Stephanie Powell Watts.  The writing is excellent.  The structure and grammar is very crisp, orderly, and well put together.

I read a little bit more of Trend Trading for Dummies this morning.  I am reading about Elliott Waves and Fibonacci Numbers.  A. Wiley Brand describes how it is impossible to predict the market.  How the stock market moves can be measured with probability, not with certainty.

I worked a bit on the Libraries Ready to Code grant this morning.  I also worked on my final project for Planning and Management of Library Buildings.

I did a list of Job Information Center titles for Bookletters.



I entered a drawing to win a Spark Fun Inventors Kit and a Lilypad Kit
 


Web Bits


Free: You Can Now Read Classic Books by MIT Press on Archive.org

Carla Hayden: By the Book

Readers and Non-Readers by Hannah Byrd Little

ALA and Affiliates Issue Joint Statement on Libraries on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion


No comments: