Friday, August 25, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/25/2017

Reading Girl, Rik Wouters, 1915
Daily Thoughts 08/25/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Creative Library Marketing and Publicity Best Practices Edited by Robert J. Lackie and M. Sandra Wood.  There is a central idea here that customer service and advocacy feed directly into marketing.  Some of the best marketing that occurs is because of advocacy.  I thought the Advocacy University link was quite good.  http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advocacy-university  There is a lot you can get from this book on basic marketing.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I put in several orders for books today.  I also requested a small table for a fax machine.

I spent some time cleaning up what was left from the Adult Summer Reading program.  We are having the staff raffle today.  It is time for Library Cake!  There is swag left over which we will use to promote the library.

The cake was good. People were happy with their prizes.

I checked out some books for vacation.  Stellar Customer Service Training Library Staff to Exceed Expectations Edited by Mou Chakrabouty, Library Technology Buying Strategies  Edited by Marshall Breeding, Guide to Electronic Resource Management Sheri V.T. Ross and Sarah W. Sutton, Information Services to Diverse Populations Developing Culturally Competent Library Professionals by Nichole A. Cooke, and the graphic novel Monstress Volume 2 The Blood by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda.




No comments: