Sunday, August 20, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/20/2017



Portrait of Hermine David, Jules Pascin, 1910


Daily Thoughts 08/20/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent a little time working on a Spanish language order as well as an order of mysteries.  I have been thinking a little bit about the order process.


I am planning for some programs for Hispanic Heritage Month.

I read some more of The Patron Driven library.  Dee Ann Allison is writing about e-books and the changes which electronic publishing has brought to libraries.  This includes some very technical subjects like the semantic web, RDA (Resource Description and Acess), and online identification for scholarly articles.  It further goes into open access and libraries as publishers and preservers of electronic content.

I started reading Digitizing Your Collection Public Library Success Stories by Susan Caro with Contributions by Sam Meister, Tammy Ravas, and Wendy Walker.

I am interested in the idea of Day of Dialog as part of the Brookyn Book Festival.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/library-journal-school-library-journal-day-of-dialog-brooklyn-tickets-36555114331

I registered for The Name of the Game: Playing Tabletop Games to Build 21st Century Skills
http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/name-of-the-game.html


No comments: