Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/09/2017

Inkstand - Louis Comfort Tiffany
Inkstand, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1904

Daily Thoughts 08/09/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading The New Librarianship Field Guide by R. David Lankes.  R. David Lankes focuses on the library in the community.  He also wrote The Atlas of New Librarianship.  I also started reading Adding Value to Libraries, Archives, and Museums.  This is a very dense book with a lot of theory and strategy in it.  It focuses on value to the library patron.  I read a little bit more of The Joy of Less as well.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also checked some oversize books.

I worked on an order for new books this morning.

We discussed the end of summer reading finale on August 23, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the community room.

I looked through a copy of the New York Times Book Review and the New York Review of Books.

I am planning on applying for the New York State Discretionary Grant Program for the Conservation and Preservation of Library Research Materials.

Web Bits


Save Libraries For Less Than Coffee


No comments: