Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2017

Salvator Rosa - Autoportrait.jpg
Salvator Rosa, Autoportrait, 17th Century

Daily Thoughts 08/22/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Digitizing Your Collection.  I am reading about how it is important to get volunteers and your community involved in digitization projects, quite often libraries don't have the staff to do these projects by themselves.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time shifting the 900s.  I also looked through a donation of books from a fellow librarian.  There were a lot of books on Frank Sinatra.

I also spent some time scheduling the people who are doing programming for a grant for Hispanic Heritage which is from September 15 to October 15.  It is a mix of Argentine Tango, Flamenco dance, and South American paper art.

We also worked on our monthly schedule for September.

I checked out the book, Creative Library Marketing and Publicity Best Practices Edited by Robert J. Lacke and M. Sandra Wood.

Web Bits


Bookstores Are Booming.  Bookselling As a Second Career Is Too


No comments: