Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/02/2018

Hand with Reflecting Sphere - M.C. Escher
Hand With A Reflecting Sphere, M.C. Escher, 1935

Daily Thoughts 01/02/2018

I checked the Facebook and Twitter today.

I rested on the way to work on the train.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I put in an order for new books today.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

The Crochet Group is meeting this afternoon.

I have a stack of books to look through.  I checked out Stay With Me by Ayobami Adeboyo which is the book for this months book club.

Also, the book, Library Robotics Technology and English Language Arts Activities for Ages 8-24 by Sarah Kepple came in for me to read.  There are three other books that came in as well, Memos from the Chairman by Alan C. Greenberg, Making Contact Jill Tarter and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by Sarah Scoles, and The Vanishing Middle Class, Prejudice and Power in a Dual Economy by Peter Temin.

I worked a little bit with fliers today.  I also checked some items that were not in the library system.

We have a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight as well as a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

I read some of The Vanishing Middle Class on the way home.  It is about how the economy is increasingly split between a lower class based on subsistence and prejudice and an upper class based on investment and education.  This is kept in place by a divisive political system and poor schools.




No comments: