Sunday, January 7, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2018

Old Woman Reading - Clarence Gagnon
Old Woman Reading, Clarence Gagnon, 1904

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning. I also checked alignable.

I finished reading The Vanishing Middle Class Prejudice and Power In a Dual Economy by Peter Temin.  I am reading about how student debt and mortgage debt are limiting the economy and making it more difficult for social mobility.  If education is the main path for social improvement, then expensive student loans limit social mobility. 

I also started reading Beginners Guide to Community Based Arts.  This is an argument about how community based arts increase freedom and improve the well being of communities.  The book is very focused on social activism.

Web Bits


Brain Study Suggests The Type of Book You Read to Your Baby is Important

Loveland Library's Robokids Explores The Fun Side of Robotics

No comments: