Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/09/2018

The Thinker - Auguste Rodin
The Thinker, Auguste Rodin, 1902

Daily Thoughts 01/09/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I wrote my first assignment for Winning Support and Influencing Communities for Library Funding!  on the train to work.  It was a self reflection.

I also started on the book, Making Contact Jill Tarter and The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by Sarah Scoles.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also checked some more of the 800s today.  I pulled some nonfiction dvds on Hispanic culture.  We are working on updating the brochure for Hispanic films.

We had our Crochet Group today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There was also a program called Healthy Living For Your Brain and Body focused on alzheimers which ran from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

In addition we have the Fundamentals of Computers and Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight in the computer lab.

We reached our goal for Give Gab, Lets Build Robots.  Teens Learn. Build. Share.  We raised more than $6000 for the planned programs. We are 102% funded.  https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/let-s-build-robots

Web Bits


Bard and Brooklyn Public Library Partner for Microcollege

For Holt, Unexpected Demand for 'Fire and Fury'  Proves A Challenge


No comments: