Thursday, May 3, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2018

P.S. Krøyer - Roses. Marie Krøyer seated in the deckchair in the garden by Mrs Bendsen's house - Google Art Project.jpg
P.S. Krøyer - Roses. Marie Krøyer seated in the deckchair in the garden by Mrs Bendsen's house, 1892

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Square and the Tower last night.  There is an attempt to legitimize secret socities and place them in a historical context like the Masons, the Illuminati, and other groups by describing them as social networks of people.  It is not completely convincing in its approach, because the author removes the occult elements and indoctrination process in these kinds of societies.

I checked the gift books and displays this morning.  I put in a display for Mental Wellness Month.  We are showing the film Resilience on May 10, 2018. https://kpjrfilms.co/resilience/  There is going to be a panel discussion afterwards.

I spent some time working on the final changes to the Mount Vernon Arts Initiative 2018 and turned it in.

I also wrote a rating for one of my reports.

I put out the latest Bookpage today.

I am also doing a little planning for ordering books using statistics from Bluecloud Analytics.

Tonight there is a class for Beginning Internet in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The Trustee Candidate and Budget Information Session is at the Mount Vernon Public Library is tonight in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room at 6:30 p.m.

This is the video for the Trustee Information Session tonight. It is very interesting to watch.

Web Bits


Champaign Public Library Debuts Coworking Space

I sent in a letter of support for Brooklyn Public Library.  They are worth supporting.
https://www.bklynlibrary.org/standup/contact?utm_source=facebook



No comments: