Friday, May 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/18/2018

File:Albert Aublet - Reading on the garden path (1883).jpg
Reading on the Garden Path, Albert Aublet, 1883

Daily Thoughts 05/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of the book, On Grand Strategy.  I am learning about different historical figures associated with political and military strategy: Machiavelli, Sun Tzu, Augustine, Philip II, and Queen Elizabeth of England.  The book appears to be a slow march through history and strategy.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I have been doing more planning for programming including a cookie decorating program, a music composition program, and a rock painting program.

There is a meeting for programming on Monday which I have to send a colleague to.

I also have been working on the computer classes a little bit.

I am in the computer lab right now.

I read some more of On Grand Strategy.  The book has moved to the founding of the United States and the revolutionary war.

I also read a short science fiction novel, Binti by Nnedi Okorafor.  Nnedi Okorafor has won the Hugo and Nebula Awards.  Her writing is creative and gripping.  This book is 90 pages, but has a very complete story in it.

Web Bits


Circulating Tool Library, Chattanooga Public Library


No comments: