Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/22/2018


An Old Woman Dozing Over a Book, 1655, Nicolaes Maes

Daily Thoughts 05/22/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this afternoon.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I worked on some orders for new books.

On the way to work, I read some more of Principles.  I am reading about why it is important to have transparency and honesty inside an organization.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review as well as the Times Literary Supplement.

I spent some time talking to a visitor from Los Angeles Public Library named Peggy Murphy who had once been a page at the Mount Vernon Public Library.  She is now the manager for electronic collections at Los Angeles Public Library.  It was an interesting conversation.  We are both going to Book Expo America with VIP passes.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight in the computer lab.

Web Bits


What Exactly Is A Cozy Mystery?

Here are the Winners of the 2018 Nebula Award

Different Bernstein Takes at WNO, Library of Congress Concerts

No comments: