Monday, May 28, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/28/2018

File:Thomas Wyck - A scholar in his Study - Google Art Project.jpg
A Scholar In His Study, Thomas Wyck, Around 1616-1677

Daily Thoughts 05/28/2018

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

Last night, I checked the Purchase Alerts for items on hold.

Today is Memorial Day.

I read a little more of Packing My Library.  Part of what Alberto Manguel does is define himself by what he reads in his essays.

I also read some more of Principles by Ray Dalio.  I am reading about prioritizing decision making by what is important.

I watched a little bit of How to Live to 100 which consists of visiting centenarians and asking them the secret of why they have lived so long.

I am going to look up the events I plan on going to for Book Expo America.  I plan on gathering some galleys to give away for the end of adult summer reading.

I am looking at the various things I am going to like the Day of Dialog between Librarians https://lj.libraryjournal.com/dayofdialog-2018/program and Publishers for Adult books, on May 30th, the Librarians Lounge, and the Book Expo Graphic Novel Cocktail Reception.  I also have a list of some of the galleys which I intend to bring back.  I also looked at the Education Sessions for Librarians and will be going to a few.
http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/RNA/RNA_BookExpo_V2/2018/docs/BookExpo-Library-Programming.pdf?v=636626803011303594

I am going to be looking through the lists of booths and galleys to see what there is at the convention.

No comments: