Monday, May 7, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/07/2018


Still Life With a Gold Chain, Pieter Claesz, 1636

Daily Thoughts 05/07/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Square and The Tower.  I am reading about the laying of the undersea telegraph cables in the 19th century.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

We had sexual harassment training this morning which was mandatory for the staff.

I read a poem by Mary Oliver and a poem by Audre Lorde in a poetry reading today.

There was a management meeting today.  It went quite smoothly.

I am invited to the Library Networking Reception on Thursday, May 31 at Book Expo America hosted by the Free Library of Philadelphia.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

I spent some time going over my plans for programming for June, July, and August 2018.

Web Bits


You Can't Be Complacent Anymore -- PL Talks With Patrick Sweeney

The Spectacular Wonder of Europes Libraries

American Libraries are Having a #MeToo Moment

No comments: