Friday, May 25, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2018



Galerie Hollenstein, chrysanthemums with skull and two books, “All Souls' Day”, 1924

Daily Thoughts 05/25/2018

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning.

They put me in charge of the building today.  It is not something which I find exciting.  My goal when this happens is for the patrons to have a peaceful, pleasant, enjoyable day without incident or excitement.

I read some more of Principles on the way to work.  I am reading about how to move past obstacles by recognizing pain.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I finished writing the second grant for the Community Development Block Grant and got it in just in time.

I looked through the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I read the June copy of Bookpage.

I checked out two books, Packing My Library by Alberto Manguel and The Perfectionists How Precision Engineers Created the Modern World by Simon Winchester.


Web Bits

Book Expo Librarians Lounge 2018: The Full Schedule
https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/trade-shows-events/article/76938-bookexpo-s-librarians-lounge-2018-the-full-schedule.html

PBS Unveils the Great American Reads' 100 Most Loved Books

Bill Gates Wrestles Big Questions With Five Books That Make Up His Summer Reading List

We Took Our Young Children on a Library World Tour and it Was Marvelous


No comments: