Thursday, May 24, 2018

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2018


Girl Reading,  Nikolaos Gyzis, 1898

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading On Grand Strategy by John Lewis Gaddis.  The last part was on diplomacy focusing on Isaiah Berlin.

I also started reading Superminds The Surprising Power of People and Computers Thinking Together by Thomas W. Malone.  One of the major new advantages of computers is that you can get large groups of people to work together on a single problem from all over the world very easily.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I read a copy of Booklist.

There was a program today on the African American Cemetery in Rye from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.  It was kind of interesting.  There are numerous civil war veterans buried in the cemetery as well as some men who served on ironclad ships.

We also had a program on Smart Phones and tablets in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m.

I brought in the Community Development Block Grant in to city hall today which focuses on teen computers.  I have a second part which focuses on disability access.  I spent some time working on this tonight.


Web Bits


NBF To Expand Its Literary Programming

Core Competencies for Acquisitions Professionals

No comments: