Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/11/2018

Félix Vallotton, 1915 - La bibliothèque.jpg
Felix Vallotton, La Bibliotheque, 1915

Daily Thoughts 07/11/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading Political Risk How Businesses and Organizations Can Anticipate Global Insecurity by Condolezza Rice and Amy B. Zegart.  This is an interesting book with an international business perspective.  There are quite a variety of different risks discussed from protests to terrorism to earthquakes.  This book describes how to prepare for disasters in public relations and politics for businesses.  It derives from a class at Stanford University.  The writing is very easy to read and is for a general business audience.  I liked reading the book.  There is an index, black and white pictures, and extensive notes.

I started reading The New Human Rights Movement on the way to work as well.  This book focuses on social issues.  Peter Joseph was involved in the Occupy Wall Street Movement and is an activist.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking the scheduling today.  We did some more planning for programs as well.

I did some work with the large print books.

There are some new widgets on the website from Select Reads.

http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org

I read a copy of Booklist.  I have a copy of the July/August Ingram Advance to read.  I also read a copy of the Ingram Advance for July and August.

There is a codrones class in the computer lab for teenagers today from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m..  Codrones are coding drones.

On the way home, I read some more of The New Human Rights Movement.  I am reading about systems theory and systematic and institutional racism.

Web Bits


The Gig Economy Gets A Boost Thanks to Public Library Tech Upgrades

The Commons Library: 200 Years of History

The Ancient Library Where the Books Are Under Lock and Key





No comments: