Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2018


Interior Scene With Books and Writing Implements, Unidentified Artist, Mid 17th Century

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Reinventing Capitalism in the Age of Big Data on the way to work.  I am reading about how firms should become more data oriented.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also spent some time looking over duplicate copies of books.

I ordered some books with the Net Lender account today.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review and Publishers Weekly.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 Class tonight.

On the way home, I read some more of Reinventing Capitalism in the Age of Big Data.  I am reading about how organizations will be restructured around data with fewer layers of management, more distributed decisionmaking, and the substitution in some of machine learning systems for managers.

Web Bits

The Librarian and the Astrophysicist
https://www.forbes.com/sites/briankoberlein/2018/07/23/the-librarian-and-the-astrophysicist/#64ea743f7355

Racial Diversity in the Romance Industry
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2018/07/racial-diversity-in-the-romance-fiction-industry/

No comments: