Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/18/2018

File:Johann Ender - Woman at her Writing Desk - WGA07512.jpg
Johann Ender, Woman At Her Writing Desk, 1820

Daily Thoughts 07/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Organized Simplicity on the way to work.  I am reading about how families are needing more and more space and things to live as the years go by.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I am planning on reading Binti The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor on the way home.  Binti and Binti: Home won the Hugo and Nebula awards.

We are having a Codrones class in September.

I ordered some DVDs from the purchase alerts for items on hold.

I am putting The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea on hold for our book club.

I read Binti The Night Masquerade on the train home.  It is fun, quick light reading.  It is the last book in the Binti series.  There is a lot of inventiveness in this series.  Technology is not just machinery, it is also art, living beings, meditation and knowledge.  This book has many different alien species.  It also has a university world which is an interesting concept.


No comments: