Monday, July 16, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/16/2018



Felix Vallotton, Portrait of Gertrude Stein, 1907

Daily Thoughts 07/16/2018

I read some more of The New Human Rights Movement on the way to work.  I am reading about the concept of neoliberalism which I find not believable and various ideas against NAFTA and other free trade agreements.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am training someone in the computer lab.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also worked on an order of books.

The science fiction book, Binti The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor has come in for me to read.

I worked on my weekly schedule.  I also read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.

I printed up several lists for items that had not circulated for seven years.  They are going to be checked to see if they are still on the shelves and if they are not, the records are going to be deleted from the system.  We are trying to get the collection content to be more accurate.

I finished reading The New Human Rights Movement Reinventing The Economy to End Oppression by Peter Joseph.  The ending is very utopian.  There are a lot of ideas about technologies like renewable energy and vertical farms.  There is support for lots of automation, recycling, and other ways the author imagines will create a post scarcity society.

Web Bits


New York City Library Initiative Culture Pass to Offer Free Admission to 33 Cultural Attractions

Who’s Welcome Here?

Oldest Known Extract of Homer’s Odyssey Discovered in Greece


No comments: