Friday, January 25, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2019


Kitagawa Utamaro, Reading a Letter, 18th to 19th Century

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of Before the Ballot on the way to work.  I am reading about how to identify library supporters.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I worked a little bit with the oversize books.

I spent some time working on a list of superhero films with a colleague.

I discussed doing a reading with a local author today.  His book is Poor Joshua: The DeShaney Case and Child Abuse in America by John R. Howard.

I spent some time checking the 500s.  I also checked some of the fiction in the mezzanine.

I worked on a small order of new books.

I also checked the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller List.

Web Bits


Eric Klinenberg: Libraries and Social Infrastructure

Library Of Congress Exhibition Pairs Herblock with Other Socially Engaged Art

Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library Gaining Momentum

No comments: