Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/29/2019

File:Ellen Julia Hollond. Coloured drawing, 1841. Wellcome L0043937.jpg
Ellen Julia Hollond. Coloured drawing, 1841.

Daily Thoughts 01/29/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Before the Ballot.  I am reading about challenges to libraries from different sources like local cranks, people who oppose members of the board, and anti-tax people.

I finished reading Before the Ballot Building Political Support for Library Funding by John Chrastka and Patrick "PC" Sweeney.  The last part has a 36 month plan for putting a budget on the ballot for libraries.  There is also a reminder of the need for every day advocacy.  John Chrastka and Patrick "PC" Sweeney work for Every Library which is PAC for libraries. http://www.everylibrary.org

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some time working on the 500s.  I also checked some fiction books in the mezzanine.  In addition, I checked some biography books in the mezzanine.

I spent some time discussing the budget vote today.

I also spent some time pulling together small details.  We have a contract for Creativebug for the video learning service.  A number of programs are being prepared including an alternative lending program for small business in April of 2019.

I checked out the book Farsighted How We Make the Decisions That Matter Most by Steven Johnson and The Future of Humanity Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, And Our Destiny Beyond Earth by Michio Kaku.

I got another donation for Givegab today.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight.

Web Bits



New Chicago Buildings Combine Libraries With Public Housing

Libraries= Strong Communities Tour Reaches Seattle

The Organic Role of Libraries As Centers of Inclusiveness and Support

No comments: