Thursday, January 31, 2019

Daily Thoughts 01/31/2019

File:Passports to adventure LCCN98517816.jpg
Work Projects Administration Poster Collection (Library of Congress).; Date stamped on verso: Sep 7 1939.

Daily Thoughts 01/31/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Future of Humanity.  I read about solar sails and self replicating robots.

I also read some of Farsighted How We Make the Decisions That Matter Most by Steven Johnson.  This is about how people make important decisions.  It describes processes of decision making.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  February is Black History Month.  I have some posters from the New York Historical Society program called Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow which we we are including in our display.

I also spent some time working on programming and scheduling this morning.

Our Spanish and Literacy library is starting a Citizenship Exam class this Saturday at 1:00 p.m.

Web Bits


American Library Association Announces Caldecott and Newberry Winners

Medieval “Merlin” Pages Found in Bristol Library

No comments: