Thursday, October 3, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2019

Jean-Pierre Beckius, HT (1933).jpg
Jean-Pierre Beckius, HT 1933

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I took a break from reading and meditated a little bit to clear my mind last night.

I read some more of The Disordered Mind on the way to work.  I am reading about gender identity and the brain.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I put out the new Book Page today for October.

I shifted some of the large print books.

I also checked some of the 300s on the main floor and the 200s in the mezzanine.

I checked out the book, Philosophy A Graphic Guide by Dave Robinson and Judy Groves.

I worked on some orders for books.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel 2019 class in the computer lab tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I spent some time preparing for the monthly report.


Web Bits



How Much Coffee Do Librarians Drink?

New Online from Stanford Libraries: 'Rare Books: A Digital Library of Reference Books'

Joint FBI and LAPD Homicide Library Brings New Hope for Cold Cases


No comments: