Thursday, October 10, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2019

Adalbert von Rössler Horaz.jpg
Adalbert Von Rossler, Horace,  by 1922

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this afternoon.

I got my computer back up this morning.

I read some of Chaos A Graphic Guide by Ziauddin Sardara and Iwona Abrams.  It includes descriptions of nonlinear systems, the butterfly effect, and the unpredictability of weather.  I find chaos theory interesting.

I also read some of Hack Your Journal Stay Organized and Record Everything That Matters With One Notebook by Lark Crafts.  This is a book about visual journaling with different organizational suggestions.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking books in the mezzanine.  I had a few days to catch up with things.

I have a number of review magazines to look at.  I looked through Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, and the New York Review of Books.

I spent some time talking with Dr.Howard about his fundraiser on Saturday with his book, Poor Joshua: The Deshaney Case and Child Abuse in America.  We are looking forward to his discussion on this subject.  All the proceeds from the sale of the book will go towards supporting the Mount Vernon Public Library children's room.

We are also continuing to shift the books on the main floor of the library.

Web Bits


Library of Congress Gets Grant to Experiment With Digital Collections as Data

Eliminating Overdue Library Fines is A Fine Idea / Opinion

An Expedition Reveals The Perils of Reading Dostoevsky In Antaractica





No comments: