Thursday, October 31, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/31/2019

Reverie MET DT2010.jpg
Reverie, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, 1860

Daily Thoughts 10/31/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Pharaoh's Treasure The Origin of Paper and the Rise of Western Civilization by John Gaudet.  The history of papyrus covers much of the history of writing, scrolls, and books.  This book also has information on Egyptian, Greek, Roman, and Christian libraries as well as the library of Alexandria.

It also describes how papyrus was grown on huge plantations in Egypt.  I found it to be a fascinating book.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time looking up new travel books released in October, November, and December.  The 2020 travel books are coming out now.

Yesterday, I spent some time looking at holiday books for cooking and crafts.

There is a Halloween Cookies event today in the community room from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

We are continuing to work on shifting the new books.

I spent some time looking at books in the mezzanine.

Yesterday I made a few suggestions for the website.

Web Bits


Start That Business At the Library

Goats Help Save California's Reagan Library from Wildfire

Raccoons Take Over Arkansas State Library

No comments: