Thursday, October 17, 2019

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2019

File:Xu-Beihong-1925-Painting-Jiang-Biwei-by-a-table.jpg
Xu Beihong, 1925, Painting Jiang Biwei by a Table

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night I read Infinity A Graphic Guide by Brian Clegg and Oliver Pugh.  I enjoyed reading the book because it made math interesting.  There are a lot of different ideas about infinity in this book from a variety of sources.  It describes math from many different cultures, India, Greece, Italy, Germany, France, England, other places.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I checked on some programming.  The second session for the See It! Write It! Say It! is happening tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the community room.

I checked some books in the mezzanine.

We are also working on shifting the books on the main floor of the library.

I had a demonstration of the new World Book Online Encyclopedia tools today from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

There is a Microsoft Excel class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight in the computer lab.

I checked out the book, Hipster Death Rattle by Richie Narvaez.  He is going to be doing a book reading and discussion of gentrification at the Mount Vernon Public Library in November.

Web Bits


Evolving Public Libraries




No comments: