Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/04/2020

File:Ethel Reed - Miss Träumerei - Google Art Project.jpg
Albert Morris Bagby's New Novel 'Miss Träumerei', 1895

Daily Thoughts 02/04/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading The Elements A Visual Guide.  The last part was on the transuranic elements which often have very short half lives.

I also finished reading Dead Astronauts by Jeff Vandermeer which was very different in its design and content.  I am surprised that it was published with the stylistic use of poetry and unusual structure.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I marked some books to change to the mezzanine from the biography books section.

I spent some time checking biographies in the mezzanine.

Tomorrow is the kickoff for the Mount Vernon Census at the Doles Center from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I read a copy of Library Journal.

I worked on an order of new books.

I spent some time helping people at the public computers desk.

The Crochet Group met today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The Fundamentals of Computers Class and the Beginning Microsoft Word class is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Web Bits



Publishings 'American Dirt' Problem

The Public Library: Where Culture Comes To You


No comments: