Thursday, February 13, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/13/2020

File:Valentine postcard sample from M L Zercher Book and Stationary Co (NBY 423087).jpg
Valentine's postcard that serves as an advertisement for the Zercher Post Card Co. 1900/1909

Daily Thoughts 02/13/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I finished reading The Time of Contempt A Novel of the Witcher by Andrej Sapkowski.  I liked that there were themes of contempt, arrogance, and overconfidence in these stories.  I especially liked how the circle of the wizards in the story was undone.  The main character, Geralt is well done because he often is naive and quite often does not know what is happening.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I checked some of the books in the mezzanine.

I spent some time working in Evergreen, our integrated library system, it is not called a catalog anymore looking up statistics.

I selected some books to be changed to the mezzanine.

I wrote an interim report for an Arts Westchester grant for a series of workshops on Paper Mache in April.

I also spent a little time working on other grants.

Two books came in for me to read, A World Without Work Technology, Automation and How We Should Respond by Daniel Susskind  and Agency by William Gibson.

I started reading What Is Chemistry? by Peter Atkins.  It is a popular science title explaining chemistry for the layman.

We had a candle making class today at 5:00 p.m. in the community room.

We are having a Microsoft Powerpoint class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. today in the computer lab.

Web Bits



Library of Congress to Receive $10 Million Dollar Gift to Help Upgrade Its Jefferson Building

10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About the Library of Congress

No comments: