Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/05/2020

File:Lowman and Hanford Co booksellers store interior, 1st Ave, ca 1908 (SEATTLE 1756).jpg
Lowman and Hanford Co. booksellers store interior, 1st Ave., ca. 1908

Daily Thoughts 02/05/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read a little more of The Blood of Elves by Andrej Sapkowski.  It is classic fantasy with dwarves, elves, gnomes, humans, wizards, and high adventure.  The books have been turned into a netflix series and a video game.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I am going to the Mount Vernon Census kickoff this afternoon at the Doles Center from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I spent some time this morning talking to a person about doing a genealogy program.

The census kickoff was at the Doles Center.  It was the first time I had been there.  It is a senior center in Mount Vernon, New York.  There were a variety of speakers from different agencies including the mayor Shawyn Patterson Howard and a number of church groups.  People gave speeches on why it is important to be counted for the census and why Mount Vernon, New York is undercounted.  I picked up some flyers to distribute at the library at the end.

I looked through Bookpage and I looked through Times Literary Supplement.

Web Bits


The Enemies of Writing

ALA Responding Online to the 2020 Census:  What Libaries Need to Know

It Wasn’t Just The National Archives.  The Library of Congress Also Balked at a Women’s March Photo



No comments: