Friday, February 28, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2020




Daily Thoughts 02/28/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Imagined Life A Speculative Scientific Journey Among the Exoplanets In Search of Intelligent Aliens, Ice Creatures and Supergravity Animals by James Trefil and Michael Summers.
I like Exoplanet Travel Bureau Posters that came from NASA that they mention in the book.
https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/alien-worlds/exoplanet-travel-bureau/

I also finished reading A World Without Work Technology, Automation, and How We Should Respond by Daniel Susskind.  It is a solid overview of what might happen in the future as automation reduces the amount of available work for people.  The last sections cover Universal Basic Income and a future where work does not determine the primary purpose in life.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We received flyers for the Westchester 2020 Census.

I checked the biography books in the mezzanine.  I also spent some time checking books from the biography to bring down to the mezzanine.

I worked on an order of new books.

I checked the New York Times and the Publishers Weekly bestseller lists.

I spent some time working on programs.

I also spent some time working on grants.


Web Bits



The Books That Are Checked Out the Most From Atlanta's Library System

The New York Public Library Is About To Unveil Its First Ever Permanent Exhibition

The Most Innovative Libraries Around the World


No comments: