Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/26/2020

File:The Writer's Table-A Precarious Moment by John Frederick Peto, 1892.jpg
The Writer's Table, A Precarious Moment, John Frederick Peto, 1892

Daily Thoughts 02/26/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of A World Without Work.  I am reading about the limits of education with technology.  There are certain things that machines will do better than people in the future.  People will reach plateaus with their abilities.  For example, people will no longer be able to beat machines at Chess or Go.  The limits of machines has not been fully tested yet.

I also read some more of Imagined Life.  I am reading about extra solar worlds which are worlds that have flown free from solar systems. There is a little bit on Oumuamua, the extrasolar object that passed through our solar system.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I checked a few books in the mezzanine.

I also picked out some books to be changed to mezzanine.

I read the latest copy of Bookpage and the latest copy of Booklist.

I spent some time looking at grants.

Web Bits


End of Audiobook Snobbery As Scientists Find Reading and Listening Activates the Same Parts of the Brain



No comments: