Friday, October 14, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/14/2011

Kobikichō arayashiki koiseya ochie Print shows a head-and-shoulders portrait of a woman reading a book.  Date Created/Published: [178-, printed later]
 Daily Thoughts 10/14/2011

On the train to work I read some more of HTML for the World Wide Web.  I am getting a better handle on it slowly.  I also spent a little bit of time on Lynda.com today learning about CSS and Photoshop.

I got in early to work so I could distribute the swag from the conference.  A lot of the material was given to the young adult librarian.  I also checked the displays and updated the Twitter and Facbook accounts.

I spent a little bit of time clearing my desk of various papers and filing things.  I also read the Forecast magazine from Baker and Taylor.  A book which looks quite good is Firebird by Jack McDevitt coming out in November 2011.

There are a few things which I still have to put together.  The bimonthly calendar of events should be done soon.

Web Bits

New York Comic Con on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35142064@N03/sets/72157627890086280/

Coworking At The Public Library
http://www.pcworld.com/article/241574/coworking_at_the_public_library.html

This is a bit different because it is not from a library magazine.  It sets the tone for the library as a workspace for entrepreneurs which could be very beneficial.  In the last week, I saw a class on entrepreneurship in the library focusing on coworking.







No comments: