Friday, October 7, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/7/2011


"Le bibelot de Chine", oil on canvas, 1930, 38 x 46 cm, Francois Barraud

Daily Thoughts 10/7/2011

Today has been a quiet steady day.  I checked the Twitter and Facebook account, and looked over the displays.  I also selected some pictures of the library for a display; mainly of the bookmobile and the rotunda.

I also did some minor edits to the website.  I am learning a bit more about how the library website works.  I have a lot more to learn.  I finished taking Microsoft Word 2007 from Lynda.com.  I think the video instruction is excellent.  I am still taking the class on Drupal 7.

This afternoon, I spent some time talking to the computer instructor to see if we could do an extra hour of instruction for the computer lab.

A story on the Mount Vernon Writers Network from the Mount Vernon Inquirer  . http://www.mvinquirer.com/mount_vernon_writers.htm

Web Bits

The New York State Library has a new document called Creating The Future: A 2020 Vision and Plan For Library Service in New York. http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/adviscns/rac/creating.pdf   There is a lot in here which can significantly change how libraries are run.

No comments: