Thursday, October 27, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/27/2011

"Nature morte aux raisins, à la pomme et aux deux livres", Francois Barraud, 1929


Daily Thoughts 10/27/2011


I updated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library this morning.   I also spent some more time on Lynda.com studying Photoshop CS5 and Microsoft Excel 2007.  I think I am getting a little better at understanding office skills and computers.  I also spent a little time looking over the controls of the Drupal Content Management System of the website.  It is becoming easier to understand.


I read a little bit of Public Parts by Jeff Jarvis this afternoon.  I have been learning a little bit about the concept and history of privacy.  Privacy was not that common in the middle ages.  I read a little bit more and found a reference to The Gutenberg Revolution: How Printing Changed the Course of History by John Man

Web Bits 

Chinese Public Libraries See Record Numbers of Patrons
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-10/27/c_131216279.htm



No comments: