Monday, August 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/03/2015



Pompeii - Casa del Menandro - Menander.jpg

Roman fresco of the Greek dramatist Menander from the Casa del Menandro (I 10, 4) in Pompeii


Daily Thoughts 08/03/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning for the library.




On the way to work, I read some more of In Montmartre.  I am reading about Picasso's love for the circus.  He used to go to the circus and drink with the clowns.  Many of paintings display clowns.  He would sometimes go to the circus for two to three nights a week.




I also read some more of Future Crimes by Marc Goodman.  I am reading about how people can hack into home video monitors and baby monitors and see people inside their homes.  This book is definitely meant to scare people.




I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time putting together flyers.  I read through several copies of Publishers Weekly, the New York Times and Booklist.  Two books caught my attention, Mycroft Holmes by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Anna Waterhouse which is a mystery featuring Sherlock Holmes brother, and Wealth Secrets of the One Percent A Modern Manual to Getting Marvelously, Obscenely Rich by Sam Wilkin which got a fascinatingly bad review in the New York Times Book Review.




I spent some time working on preparing for programming in the afternoon.  I also checked some statistics.  I am planning on watching some videos in preparation for the Latino Americans grant.


Web Bits

Librarians Need Bricks, Not Just Clicks
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/architecture/11779734/Libraries-need-bricks-not-just-clicks.html

A Library of Good Ideas
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/08/a-library-of-good-ideas/400259/?utm_source=SFFB



No comments: